Thursday, 1 May 2014

Diana Krall at the Royal Opera House Muscat

I managed to get tickets to the second show that was added to see and hear Diana Krall at the ROHM. The second show was quite busy and we were seated not far from the stage so we could see the band in action. It was beautiful. All the musicians were so good. Diana Krall's voice was beautiful. It felt funny though witnessing jazz in the opera house. It felt a bit stiff when the music is to move to and to experience and enjoy through laughter and conversation. Krall was very engaging with the audience and made people laugh and she kept acknowledging her talented band throughout the show. She was very good on the piano and I must say I wasn't ready for it to finish and wish it was a more relaxed atmosphere. Nevertheless we're lucky to have seen her perform in Muscat.

No comments: